Mary In Islam
David Amicus
2015-10-29 02:35:42 UTC
I am Catholic. I love Mary! And the one thing I greatly admire about Muslim=
s is that you will never hear any Muslim regardless of sect is deny Mary's =
perpetual virginity. You will never hear any Muslim say that she bore child=
ren after Jesus.

Muslims will deny that Mary is the Mother of God but I think if you were to=
ask the average pew evangelical if Mary is the Mother of God they would sa=
y NO that she was only the mother of his human nature. Basically Nestoriani=
sm. Plus many say that after Jesus Mary bore children to Joseph.

So I really respect Muslims in what they believe and teach about the Virgin=
Mary.

Questions: Is Mary considered a prophetess? And who is the First Woman of =
Paradise - Mary or Fatima?
Yusuf B Gursey
2015-10-29 17:01:05 UTC
I am Catholic. I love Mary! And the one thing I greatly admire about Musl=
im=3D
s is that you will never hear any Muslim regardless of sect is deny Mary'=
s =3D
perpetual virginity. You will never hear any Muslim say that she bore chi=
ld=3D
ren after Jesus.
=20
Muslims will deny that Mary is the Mother of God but I think if you were =
to=3D
ask the average pew evangelical if Mary is the Mother of God they would =
sa=3D
y NO that she was only the mother of his human nature. Basically Nestoria=
ni=3D
sm. Plus many say that after Jesus Mary bore children to Joseph.
=20
So I really respect Muslims in what they believe and teach about the Virg=
in=3D
Mary.
=20
=20
Questions: Is Mary considered a prophetess? And who is the First Woman o=
f =3D

Many Muslim religious scholars make a distinction between a nabiyy "prophet=
" and rasu:l "Apostle, Messenger". A nabiyy is one who recieves a revelatio=
n from God. A rasu:l is additionally charged with transmitting that evelati=
on to a community. All human rasul's are also nabbiyy's, since they have to=
recieve the revalation they are supposed to transmit. Angels are rasul's b=
ut not nabiyy's because of their supernatural condition. According to this =
logic Mary is a nabiyy (or rather in the feminine, a nabiyyah) because she =
recieved divine revelation concerning her pregnancy. She is not however a r=
asu:l, she was not charged with delivering a message to a community.=20
Paradise - Mary or Fatima?
David Amicus
2015-10-29 22:00:11 UTC
Post by Yusuf B Gursey
[...]
Thank-you! Also I like that Muslims believe that Mary is pure, holy, sinless. I like also that Mary has her own sura in the Qu'ran.

But in Islam who is the First Lady of Paradise Mary or Fatima?
Yusuf B Gursey
2015-10-31 17:11:49 UTC
Post by David Amicus
Post by Yusuf B Gursey
I am Catholic. I love Mary! And the one thing I greatly admire about Musl=
im=3D
s is that you will never hear any Muslim regardless of sect is deny Mary'=
s =3D
perpetual virginity. You will never hear any Muslim say that she bore chi=
ld=3D
ren after Jesus.
=20
Muslims will deny that Mary is the Mother of God but I think if you were =
to=3D
Also denied by Nestorians.
Post by David Amicus
Post by Yusuf B Gursey
[...]
Also Mary is mentioned more times in the Qur'an than in the NT.

There are however many parallels with the Qur'anic account of Mary and the apochryphal Protevangelium of James / Protoevangelium Jacobi / Protevangelium Jacobi or Infancy Gospel of James. So if you are a Muslim, those portions would be correct revelation.
Fatima.
David Amicus
2015-10-31 21:05:59 UTC
Post by Yusuf B Gursey
On Thursday, October 29, 2015 at 9:10:03 AM UTC-7, Yusuf B Gursey wrote=
On Thursday, October 29, 2015 at 3:40:03 AM UTC+2, David Amicus wrote=
I am Catholic. I love Mary! And the one thing I greatly admire abou=
t Musl=3D
Post by Yusuf B Gursey
im=3D3D
s is that you will never hear any Muslim regardless of sect is deny=
Mary'=3D
Post by Yusuf B Gursey
s =3D3D
perpetual virginity. You will never hear any Muslim say that she bo=
re chi=3D
Post by Yusuf B Gursey
ld=3D3D
ren after Jesus.
=3D20
Muslims will deny that Mary is the Mother of God but I think if you=
were =3D
Post by Yusuf B Gursey
to=3D3D
=20
Also denied by Nestorians.
=20
ask the average pew evangelical if Mary is the Mother of God they =
would =3D
Post by Yusuf B Gursey
sa=3D3D
y NO that she was only the mother of his human nature. Basically Ne=
storia=3D
Post by Yusuf B Gursey
ni=3D3D
sm. Plus many say that after Jesus Mary bore children to Joseph.
=3D20
So I really respect Muslims in what they believe and teach about th=
e Virg=3D
Post by Yusuf B Gursey
in=3D3D
Mary.
=3D20
=3D20
Questions: Is Mary considered a prophetess? And who is the First W=
oman o=3D
Post by Yusuf B Gursey
f =3D3D
=20
Many Muslim religious scholars make a distinction between a nabiyy "p=
rophet=3D
Post by Yusuf B Gursey
" and rasu:l "Apostle, Messenger". A nabiyy is one who recieves a rev=
elatio=3D
Post by Yusuf B Gursey
n from God. A rasu:l is additionally charged with transmitting that e=
velati=3D
Post by Yusuf B Gursey
on to a community. All human rasul's are also nabbiyy's, since they h=
ave to=3D
Post by Yusuf B Gursey
recieve the revalation they are supposed to transmit. Angels are ras=
ul's b=3D
Post by Yusuf B Gursey
ut not nabiyy's because of their supernatural condition. According to=
this =3D
Post by Yusuf B Gursey
logic Mary is a nabiyy (or rather in the feminine, a nabiyyah) becaus=
e she =3D
Post by Yusuf B Gursey
recieved divine revelation concerning her pregnancy. She is not howev=
er a r=3D
Post by Yusuf B Gursey
asu:l, she was not charged with delivering a message to a community.=
=3D20
Post by Yusuf B Gursey
=20
Paradise - Mary or Fatima?
=20
Thank-you! Also I like that Muslims believe that Mary is pure, holy,=
=20
Post by Yusuf B Gursey
=20
Also Mary is mentioned more times in the Qur'an than in the NT.
=20
There are however many parallels with the Qur'anic account of Mary and th=
e apochryphal Protevangelium of James / Protoevangelium Jacobi / Protevange=
lium Jacobi or Infancy Gospel of James. So if you are a Muslim, those porti=
ons would be correct revelation.
Post by Yusuf B Gursey
=20
sinless. I like also that Mary has her own sura in the Qu'ran.
=20
But in Islam who is the First Lady of Paradise Mary or Fatima?
=20
Fatima.
Thanks! Despite the differences between Sunnis and Shi'ites they both have =
a common and mutual respect for Fatima.

Like Catholics and Mary so too with Muslims and Fatima it adds a nice femin=
ine touch!