surah 4:64
man06
2013-05-27 15:39:55 UTC
i need help with understanding what is meant by the words fastagfarullaha
ALlah is maf3ool bihi here?
so should they, the ones who had wronged themselves ,asked forgiveness of a=
llah/from ALlah directly? meaning "oh ALlah i ask of you to forgive me" its=
seems like form 10 is suggesting to me that they asked ALlah directly in f=
ront of the messenger. or can it be interpreted to mean that they ask the m=
essenger of ALlahs forgiveness even though istasala is not used ? why would=
the quraan use verb form 10 if all they were doing was asking through the =
messenger?
Yusuf B Gursey
2013-05-27 18:08:17 UTC
Post by man06
i need help with understanding what is meant by the words fastagfarullaha
ALlah is maf3ool bihi here?
yes.
Post by man06
so should they, the ones who had wronged themselves ,asked forgiveness of=
a=3D
Post by man06
llah/from ALlah directly? meaning "oh ALlah i ask of you to forgive me" i=
ts=3D

why are you capitalizing the first <L>?
Post by man06
=A0seems like form 10 is suggesting to me that they asked ALlah directly =
in f=3D

they asked Allah for forgiveness directly. in the next sentence they
asked for the forgiveness of the messengar.
Post by man06
ront of the messenger. or can it be interpreted to mean that they ask the=
m=3D
Post by man06
essenger of ALlahs forgiveness even though istasala is not used ? why wou=
ld=3D
Post by man06
=A0the quraan use verb form 10 if all they were doing was asking through =
the =3D
messenger?
man06
2013-05-30 05:30:24 UTC
correction
because low is used i dont think that the munafiqqon went to the prophet.
Yusuf B Gursey
2013-05-30 07:25:21 UTC
Post by man06
correction
because low is used i dont think that the munafiqqon went to the prophet.
yes. but the word is pronounced law (not to be confused with the
English word!)

. And if (in the unlikely event), when they had wronged themselves,
they had but come unto thee and asked forgiveness of Allah, and asked
forgiveness of the messenger, they would have found Allah Forgiving,
Merciful.

(Pickthall)
m***@hotmail.co.uk
2013-06-17 06:46:27 UTC
"in the next sentence they=20
asked for the forgiveness of the messengar. "

please explain this. i see that the messenger prays for them, but i don't s=
ee that they ask the messenger to pray for them.=20

it is interesting to note that going to the grave and asking the dead to a=
sk God can be built on a verse that has absolutely nothing to do with seeki=
ng god at graves through intermediaries. clealy the verse is indicating a l=
ive person who communicates and clearly their was a specific group. even lo=
oking at pronoun antecedent can verify that the qur'aan was specifically ta=
lking about a group of people, but what is strange is that a practice was b=
uilt on an ayah that has got nothing to do with the practice. strange.