"Muslim Scholars Release Open Letter To 'Islamic State' Meticulously Blasting Its Ideology"
Fariduddien R
2014-09-30 03:38:08 UTC
Assalamu alaikum,

Many Muslims are upset that the "standard" image of Islam given in the
Western news media tends to be that of the extremists and the
corruptors of the religion.

Most coverage of statements and actions which are claimed to be in the
name of Islam, which are portrayed in the Western media, seem to be
those of extremist and corrupting points of view. The majority Muslim
point of view is usually ignored in the Western media, or if it is not
ignored, it often taken out of context or twisted to support an
anti-Muslim perspective.

Anyway, I thought people here might be interested in this next story,
as a change from the usual.

Various Islamic organizations around the world have condemned the
so-called "Islamic State of Iraq and Syria" (ISIS) or "Islamic State
of Iraq and the Levant" (ISIL), however, this is the most
comprehensive I've come across from the point of view of Islamic
scholarship.

"Muslim Scholars Release Open Letter To Islamic State Meticulously
Blasting Its Ideology"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/24/muslim-scholars-islamic-state_n_5878038.html

Here is the actual document (in English translation):
http://lettertobaghdadi.com/index.php

Best wishes

Fariduddien
w***@msn.com
2014-10-15 07:47:14 UTC
Post by Fariduddien R
Assalamu alaikum,
=20
=20
=20
[...]
Post by Fariduddien R
=20
=20
=20
=20
http://lettertobaghdadi.com/index.php
=20
=20
=20
Best wishes
=20
=20
=20
Fariduddien
How about these so-called scholars condemning Iran and Saudi Arabia, etc., =
for having laws that consider converting away from Islam a capital offense?=
What are they afraid of.....that people would flock AWAY from the religio=
n if they weren't afraid of being punished????? =20