Sura 34:13
David Amicus
2015-10-23 02:50:33 UTC
The edition I'm reading says that the Jinn made "statues" for Solomon. I was wondering what that might entail and found this commentary on the verse and thought to share.

http://www.islamicstudies.info/tafheem.php?sura=34&verse=12&to=13

I do remember once reading that Muhammad told Aisha that Gabriel would not enter their home because there was an image in it. I think a toy horse?
MAST
2016-01-29 19:36:10 UTC
The Egyptian government made a picture of the pyramids complete with shadow as seen from Google Earth.

LINK:
https://www.instagram.com/p/8HfEFrH2Xn/
Yusuf B Gursey
2016-01-29 21:24:22 UTC
Post by David Amicus
The edition I'm reading says that the Jinn made "statues" for Solomon. I was wondering what that might entail and found this commentary on the verse and thought to share.
http://www.islamicstudies.info/tafheem.php?sura=34&verse=12&to=13
I do remember once reading that Muhammad told Aisha that Gabriel would not enter their home because there was an image in it. I think a toy horse?
IIRC there are contradictory traditions.

IIRC one tradition has Aisha defending her toy horses
by referncing Solomon and Muhammad laughing.