"The Complete Infidel's Guide to #ISIS" reveals what the West is really up against
Joe Cooper
2015-09-17 06:07:38 UTC
“Speaking freely about Islam is clearly more risky. But difficult
questions must be asked and answered—if the West is going to face the
terrorist threat adequately. For if there are elements of Islam itself
that engender violence, it is neither irresponsible nor hateful to say
so.”

Robert Spencer wrote those words in the opening of “Islam Unveiled:
Disturbing Questions about the World’s Fastest-Growing Faith.” It was
2002 and we were all on a terrible journey into a different world leaving
behind the peace that we thought we had earned a right to in the
aftermath of the Cold War.

Beginning with “Islam Unveiled,” Robert Spencer would be our guide in
this world. His books charted the development of the threat. A decade
ago, he wrote "The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam." Now he has
written "The Complete Infidel's Guide to ISIS." And it, like all his many
books, are motivated by, as he wrote in Islam Unveiled, the need “to look
squarely at what the West is really up against.”

The rise of ISIS has dismantled many of the politically correct pieties
that Robert Spencer has spent so much time deconstructing. ISIS may be
the first almost fully honest Islamic terrorist organization because its
worldview is not rooted in the stealth Jihad of an extended campaign
against a stronger West practiced by Muslim Brotherhood front groups and
the Brotherhood’s Al Qaeda splinter, but of an apocalyptic conquest in
which the triumph of Islam is so imminent that there is no more need for
Taqiyya.

ISIS has so effectively crushed the politically correct myths about Islam
that the establishment has been sent reeling into deeper levels of
denial. Politicians throw tantrums and refuse to call the Islamic State
by its name. They insist that it’s a group of psychotic nihilists that
have nothing to do with Islam. And yet Muslims around the world have
flocked to its black banner. They claim that admitting the truth about
ISIS aids the terrorists and that the only way to defeat the Islamic
State is through vigorous denials.

While they huddle behind their flimsy shelters of lies, once again, our
invaluable guide steps into the breach with another book, exposing the
myths about ISIS and revealing what its existence means for Islam and a
besieged free world.

Beginning with its origins, Robert Spencer charts the rise of ISIS from
long before Obama was insisting that the terror group was a jayvee team.
He demonstrates that ISIS is not an aberration, but part of a historical
continuity with groups such as the Assassins and more recent precedents
in the Wahhabi forces of Saudi Arabia. "Al Qaeda is simply an especially
virulent outgrowth of Wahhabism. And ISIS is just an especially virulent
outgrowth of Al Qaeda,” Spencer points out.

While Obama, Kerry and Cameron insist that ISIS is something unique and
deviant with no basis in Islam, Robert Spencer details its links to
Islamic theology using the words and writings of its own leaders. But
more importantly he brings out the Islamic subtext that serves as the
background grammar for all the terror group’s tactical and philosophical
discussions to demonstrate that not only is ISIS not “un-Islamic,” but
its entire worldview is thoroughly saturated with Islamic theology.

There would be no ISIS without Islam.

Contrary to the claims that ISIS is hijacking Islam, the Islamic State is
actually trying to realize it. The frame of reference of its leaders is
the Koran. Their geopolitics is neither the modern frame of conservatives
nor the post-modern one of liberals, but a retroactive mythical history
of the Koran.

ISIS is not hijacking the Koran. It is living the Koran. When it beheads,
enslaves and conquers, it is following Mohammed’s mandate. Its level of
brutality is only unprecedented in our time, but not in the historical
space in which Islam originated which the Islamic State is striving to
recreate.

Robert Spencer examines the “lone wolf attacks” in America, Europe and
Canada that were guided and inspired by ISIS. Once again he locates the
Islamic roots of each attack disproving efforts to blame foreign policy,
mental illness and the usual range of excuses that are routinely used to
cover up acts of Islamic terrorism. Spencer finds that each attacker had
a worldview grounded in Islamic theology.

Likewise the disputes between ISIS and other Islamic terrorist groups are
not a sign that the former is extremist and the latter moderate, but
represent a power struggle between various organizations. Robert Spencer
details some of these disputes, the theological stakes in them and their
outcome.

Taken together, "The Complete Infidel's Guide to ISIS" forms a
comprehensive picture of the structure, tactics and threat that the
Islamic State poses to non-Muslims and the West. It is a picture that not
only ties together the terror group’s different arms and tactics, but
that also explains its worldview on its own terms.

Robert Spencer’s long career has been dedicated to warning us about the
process that broke apart the old Islamic structure and made way for new
Islamic groups struggling to regain what had been lost. ISIS is the most
significant evolution in this effort to resurrect the Caliphate and yet
it is a natural outgrowth of the Muslim Brotherhood and Al Qaeda. Its
existence proves once again the value and importance of his scholarly
work at a time when our own government is more determined than ever to
ignore it.

Obama has tossed aside the study of the roots of Islamic violence for the
promotion of appeasement toward what some call “political Islam”. A
generation of law enforcement and military personnel is being left
deliberately ignorant of the nature of the enemy and how its leaders and
operatives plan and think. They are told that the answer lies not in
understanding ISIS, but in collaborating with the Muslim Brotherhood.
"The Complete Infidel's Guide to ISIS" fills this empty space with a look
at the Islamic State that is easy to understand for the casual readers
and studious enough for the dedicated professional.

Like death and taxes, Islamic terrorism has become a part of our lives.
Ever since September 11, its presence has been inescapable. As the
evolution of the Jihad continues, we can be confident that Robert Spencer
will continue dedicatedly documenting it as he has been doing all these
years.

Source: http://bit.ly/1EK13Ml
--
"The sad part of this submission to evil is that leftists are abject
cowards and pack animals; stand up to them en masse, and they’ll scatter

"Never underestimate the willingness of white progressives to be offended
on behalf of people who aren’t and to impose their will on those who
didn’t ask for it." (Derek Hunter)

"Liberals never argue with one another over substance; their only dispute
is how to prevent the public from figuring out what they really
believe." (Ann Coulter)
y***@gmail.com
2015-09-17 10:55:44 UTC
“Speaking freely about Islam is clearly more risky. But difficult
questions must be asked and answered—if the West is going to face the
terrorist threat adequately. For if there are elements of Islam itself
that engender violence, it is neither irresponsible nor hateful to say
so.”
He is not taken seriously in academic circles.
DKleinecke
2015-09-17 18:02:51 UTC
Post by y***@gmail.com
"Speaking freely about Islam is clearly more risky. But difficult
questions must be asked and answered--if the West is going to face the
terrorist threat adequately. For if there are elements of Islam itself
that engender violence, it is neither irresponsible nor hateful to say
so."
He is not taken seriously in academic circles.
In fact, he is so well-known as a rabid Islamophobe that people no longer
even bother to refute him.