The Prophet Jarjis?
David Amicus
2015-10-10 06:49:35 UTC
I thought there were no prophets between Jesus and Muhammad but in this link it calls he whom we Christians call Saint George a prophet. His name is Jarjis. Is anyone familiar with this?

http://www.questionsonislam.com/question/can-you-give-information-about-prophet-jarjis-george
Yusuf B Gursey
2015-10-10 13:34:01 UTC
Post by David Amicus
I thought there were no prophets between Jesus and Muhammad but in
Yes, those who adhere to that view don't regard St. George as a prophet.

That view also makes Salih, the prophet sent to the Thamud tribe and rejected (and as a result the Thamud perish). The historic Thamud cease to be attested sometime in the 5th cent. CE.

And we now believe the `Ad were also active in the beginning 1st. millenium CE. They are said to have perished for rejecting the Prophet Hud.