Destruction Of The Palmyra Arch
David Amicus
2015-10-20 19:35:16 UTC
I could understand the destruction of the giant Buddhas though I do not condone it. We Christians too have had our iconoclasts like during the Byzantine Empire and Reformation England etc..

But what justification was there for the destruction of the Palmyra Arch? It was not an idol nor a place of worship.
Yusuf B Gursey
2015-10-22 02:12:27 UTC
I could understand the destruction of the giant Buddhas though I do not=
=20

They survived for many hundreds of years and nothing was done to them on th=
e grounds that nobody worshiped them. That they represented Buddha was also=
forgotten, since the Mongols do not mention them and they thought the plac=
e was cursed due to a loss of a favorite relative of Chinggis in the region=
. The conservative Mogul emperor Aurengzeb did subject them to cannon fire =
though.=20
condone it. We Christians too have had our iconoclasts like during the=20
Byzantine Empire and Reformation England etc..
=20
But what justification was there for the destruction of the Palmyra Arch?=
=20
It was not an idol nor a place of worship.
Don't expect any logic from ISIL nor consider them to be authoritative on i=
nterpreting Islam.