Bi-Location?
David Amicus
2015-10-10 06:36:41 UTC
In the thread about the Barelvi they believe that Muhammad can be in many places at the same time.

Are there any stories about him in his lifetime where he had the gift of bi-location i.e. being at two places at the same time?

In the Catholic faith stories are told about Padre Pio having that gift. And a Sikh friend told me about one of their holy men. I forget the name but not a Guru.
Yusuf B Gursey
2015-10-10 14:34:31 UTC
In the thread about the Barelvi they believe that Muhammad can be in=20
.many places at the same time.
The only miracle of Muhammad explicitly mentioned in the Qur'an is the Qur'=
an itself. There is also the Night Journey to Jerusalem that Muslims have a=
ccepted as being reffered to in the Qur'an but few or no witnesses to the e=
vent are involved. There is also the splitting of the Moon, but again there=
are few witnesses involved and rationalist Muslim interpreters dissmiss it=
as a rhetorical use of verbal tenses, the event being described from the p=
oint of view of the Last Day. BTW there is an interesting theory that it co=
uld have been a meteorite impact on the Moon, an event Chaucer witnessed an=
d the Canterbury monks accompanying him also describe as a splitting of the=
Moon.

The rest of the miracles are mostly scattered throughout the Hadith literat=
ure, towards which one may take a critical position. Those in the widely ac=
cepted biography are the Qur'an itselfm the other two above and some minor =
ones again not involving a large body of men.

This makes Muhammad's biography quite credulous to the modern mind.=20
=20
Are there any stories about him in his lifetime where he had the=20
gift of bi-location i.e. being at two places at the same time?
=20
In the Catholic faith stories are told about Padre Pio having that gift.=
=20
And a Sikh friend told me about one of their holy men.=20
I forget the name but not a Guru.