Omar (TV Series)
David Amicus
2015-10-14 07:13:40 UTC
Has anyone seen this? What do you think? It's available on YouTube.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omar_(TV_series)
David Amicus
2015-10-15 00:06:34 UTC
I just watched the first episode. Interesting how Christians, Jews and pagans are portrayed.

Towards the end when Qu'ran verses were being recited I'm not sure who was speaking - Gabriel? Would that be allowed?

I remember reading Muhammad saying that if there were to be another prophet it would have been Omar.
Yusuf B Gursey
2015-10-22 19:13:20 UTC
I just watched the first episode. Interesting how Christians, Jews=20
and pagans are portrayed.
=20
Towards the end when Qu'ran verses were being recited I'm not sure=20
who was speaking - Gabriel? Would that be allowed?
In the episode the first verses that were revealed are recited in the backg=
round without refering to any source. This indicates that the Qur'an was re=
vealed. Muhammad was perplexed, he told his wife Khadija who called her cou=
sin Waraqa bin Nawfal, a Christian priest. He is shown entering and leaving=
Muhammad's house. He is depicted as old and blind, which makes the Qur'an =
more miraculous.=20
=20
I remember reading Muhammad saying that if there were to be another=20
prophet it would have been Omar.